Do you like to cook Chinese style mei fun noodles for yourself after finished one day busy wok and you don’t’ feel like to eat too mush meat? Yes! Except famous “Singapore mei fun” “vegetable chow mei fun” you can’t miss this dish “shrimp chow mi fun” easy and high protein!
I always have the problems of cooking, it is not I don’t know how to cook, but I don’t know what should i cook. Because most of time I eat alone, and I can’t fished too mush of food at one time, and I don’t feel like to have leftover foods. So Chow mei fun can always help me out. Easy cooked by mixing meats and veggies together.
- 1 lb. big fresh shrimps
- 6 oz. mi fun noodles/vermicelli
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions
- 3 slice fresh ginger root
- Peanut oil or olive oil for frying
- 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1/3 tsp salt
- Get the basic ingredients ready, soak shrimp in water for 1-2 hours, then cut off their beard and deveined. Rinse and drained before cooking.
- Add some warm water in a big bowl, add mei fun noodles, soak until tender, not too soft. While the noodles is soaking, cut the onion into strips, set aside in a small bowl.
- Preheat wok hot over medium heat, add 2 tbsp cooking oil and heat to hot, add ginger, stir briefly until aromatic(about 2 seconds), then add big shrimps, stir fast until the color changed and cooked through.
- Combine onions, stir around in the wok, then add Chinese cooking wine, light soy sauce, hoisin sauce and sugar together, well tossed with sauces, heat to boil.
- Now, add mi fun noodles into the center of sauces, completely soaked and heated through, after the noodles are soft, stirring around with chopsticks with meat and onions.
- This step is depend on how much moisture do you want your chow mei fun noodles to be, if the chow noodles are too dry, just add some water into the wok, then boiled through, or just omit this step.
- Season with salt, taste and adjust the seasonings, sprinkle the green onions on the tops just 30 seconds before serving, turn off heat, transferred and enjoy hot!
How to cook chow fun noodles clear( not sticky to the pan) in sauces, the key is to heat the sauces hot in advance with vegetables or meat, then add noodles.
In 1 pound serving size of this Chinese chow fun dish contains Calories 360, Total fat: 17g, Total Carbohydrate: 26g and Protein: 28g.