Moo goo gai pan, a copycat recipe from PF Changs. It is a Cantonese dish, popular in American Chinese restaurants.
Normally the dish is made with slices thicken, button mushrooms and other veggies. Know Chinese Moo Goo Gai Pan recipe from here with photo instructions.
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2/2 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 4 oz. sliced bamboo shoots, canned drained
- 4 oz. water chestnuts, drained
- 5 oz. whole straw mushrooms, canned drained
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine, dry sherry
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Peanut/vegetable oil for frying
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Cut chicken breast into bite-size strips for this Chinese moo goo gai pan recipe.
- Heat your work to hot, add 1 tbsp oil, heat until smoke. Stir in veggies at one time, stirring for 5-6 minutes or until all vegetables are done. Remove and set aside.
- Reheat wok with remaining oil until oil. Stir in the garlic, cook for 5 seconds. Combine chicken, cook until no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes.
- Mix sauce ingredients in a bowl and pour over the chicken, bring the mixture into a boil, stirring constantly for 30 seconds.
- Return the vegetables back to the wok, and toss around with the sauces until completely coated.
- Make a taste test for Pf Chang’s moo goo gai pan recipe before serving. Transfer and serve hot cooked rice.