Copycat recipe from Pf Changs Almond and cashew chicken. It made with marinated meat pieces, tossed in the wok with onion, celery and peppers, with a thick sauce from thicken broth, soy sauce and sugar.
For a fresh Chinese food learner, have an easy start from Cashew Chicken recipe with photo instructions.
- 4 chicken breast pieces
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 oz. cashews
- 2 oz. almonds
- 1 cup celery, chunked
- 1 onion
- 2 green peppers, chunked
- 1 cup fresh mushroom
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch, dissolved with
- Remove chicken bone and skin, cut into strips.
- Chunk celery, green pepper and slice onions., mushroom.
- Heat deep saucepan hot, add oil then stir fry cashews and almonds over medium heat. Stir around until slightly brown. Remove and set aside.
- Reheat pan, Add chicken, Stir constantly until for 8-10 minutes. Combine celery and onions. Cook for 4-5 more minutes.
- Pour green peppers and mushrooms. Then add soy sauce, chicken broth and sugar. Stir around for 1-2 minutes.
- Add cornstarch to thicken. Simmer for 1 minutes. Add cashews and almond. Stir around.
- Serve almond and cashew chicken immediately over rice.