Chicken almond ding recipe is a homemade meat and veggie stir fry Chinese food. “Ding” refers to dice. The meat dices were deep fried before tossing with almond and veggies. Try to replace the meat, check Shrimp Almond Ding recipe for an example.
- 10 1/2 oz. chicken breast
- 3 1/2 oz. almond, roasted
- 3 1/2 oz. cucumber
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Canola/peanut oil for stir frying
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine/dry sherry
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Ground pepper powder for taste
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Cut chicken across the grain into bite-size pieces, and mix with marinade ingredients, marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse cucumber, peeled and slice diagonally into about 1 inch long pieces. Chop garlic and ginger into tiny pieces.
- Heat the oil for deep–frying to 300-350 degrees Fahrenheit. Add the meat pieces and deep-fry until color changed.
- Remove all oil but remain 1 tbsp, heat oil to medium-high heat, add ginger and garlic, stir fry briefly until aromatic.
- Combine together the meat pieces, stir around and add together cucumber, stir fry fast until crispy tender.
- Mix in soy sauce and the almond, stir to make everything mixed. Remove chicken almond ding recipe, serve.