Wonton soup (also spelled wantan or wanton) is a type of Szechuan Dumpling in Chinese food, it is prepared by placing a small amount of filling in the center, and sealing the edges into desired shapes.
The filling in wontons is changeable depend on the personnel taste. Shrimp Wonton Soup is the one popular in Canton.
- 20-25 wonton wrappers
- 5 eggs
- 2 oz. black fungus, soften
- 1 tbsp dried shrimp, soften
- 1/3 cup green onions
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp granulate sugar
- 1/3 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1-2 cups water/chicken broth
- Ground white pepper
- Salt for taste
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Beat eggs with dash of salt. Scramble in a wok with 2 tsp oil, separate into pieces for this wonton soup recipe.
- Soften black fungus with warm water, chopped and stir fry in wok with 1 tsp oil for 3-5 minutes until cooked.
- In a big container, mix together the egg, black fungus, shrimp, green onions, and sauce ingredients, stir completely.
- Spoon a spoonful filling in the middle of wonton wrappers and click Szechuan Wonton to learn how to wrap wontons.
- When almost finish, in a pot or wok, add enough water and bring it into boil, add wontons and cook until floated up.
- Season wonton soup with dash of salt and ground white pepper, soy sauce is good to add savory taste as well, enjoy.